In this policy, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean GDPR in Schools Ltd (“GDPRiS”). References to “you” or “your” mean the person accessing and using the “Website” (as defined below).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website or page. They are used for a number of reasons, such as remembering whether you have visited the site before, so that you can remain logged in. They contain information about the use of your computing device but do not include any personal information about you.
Some cookies provide an essential means to make your web experience possible and safe. These cookies are necessary.
Other cookies are optional and might be used to:
- make the website easier for you to use;
- improve the speed and security of the Website;
- allow you to share our pages on social networks;
- provide us with information about how the Website is used so that we can make improvements to the Website.
- collect any personal information about you (without your express permission);
- collect any sensitive information;
- pass personal data to any advertising networks;
- pass personal data to third parties.
Most internet browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies.
The GDPRiS web application sets a number of cookies. All of these cookies are necessary cookies, in order to manage your browser session and preferences.
When using the training area of the web application, our partner Thinkific will set a number of additional cookies.
Not all cookies are necessary. Therefore the website will show a cookie banner when you first visit - and from time to time thereafter - to ask you to confirm which cookies you are happy to receive. Our website is hosted on Hubspot. Hubspot explain the details of which cookies they set on their knowledge base article.
You can usually find the tools to manage cookies in the ‘preferences’ or ‘tools’ menu of your browser. use these tools if you want to investigate what cookies a web site has set, or if you want to clear all previously stored cookies out.
Types of cookies that we use
We use the following types of cookies on the Website:
- Session cookies – these are only stored temporarily and are deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed.
- Third party cookies – some of our pages feature YouTube videos and feeds from Twitter. These third party features may use numerous cookies (please visit these third party websites for more details on their cookie policies).
If you would like to find out more about cookies generally, you may find the following links useful:
For more information about cookies and the law, visit: The Information Commissioner’s Office
LAST UPDATED November 2023