GDPR in Schools Limited delivers a service to its customers and to the public to help drive and improve data protection in the education sector.
We take care to protect the privacy of customers and users of www.gdpr.school. We take our obligations under privacy and data protection law very seriously. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use your personal data. Please read it carefully.
- In this privacy notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean GDPR in Schools Ltd (“GDPRiS”) (further details of GDPRiS are provided at the bottom of this statement). References to “you” or “your” mean the person using this Website whose personal information we collect, store and use.
- This privacy notice applies to you and GDPRiS, the owner and operator of this Website.
- References to “the Website” mean www.gdpr.school (including any relevant sub-domains, unless specific terms and conditions apply to that website or service).
- References to “Data” mean all personal information that you submit to GDPRiS via the Website.
- GDPRiS may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with the up-to-date version.
What this Privacy Notice covers
- Why we use your personal information
- The lawful basis for processing
- What personal information we capture
- How we use your personal information
- What rights you have under data protection legislation
- Sharing personal information with third parties
- How long we may keep your information
- Changes to our privacy notice
- Contact details for your queries
Why we use your information
GDPRiS operate a number of web sites and web applications that facilitate some of the processes that schools are required to undertake to achieve and evidence their compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the service activated and registered for
- the verification of your identity, where required
- for the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and money laundering
- for the ongoing administration of the service
- to allow us to improve the products and services we offer to our customers
- to manage our relationship with you and offer support
- to ask for your opinion about our products and offer surveys
- for research and statistical analysis, including payment and usage patterns . We only use the data in an anonymised manner when we use it for this purpose.
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- to offer new products and services to you which are relevant and appropriate, and only to the extent that would be reasonably expected.
If we plan to introduce further processes for the use of your information, we will provide information about that purpose prior to such processing.